Robert Moore is a partner in the Firm's North America Tax Practice Group and the former managing partner of the Miami office. He focuses his practice mainly in the areas of international tax planning, supply chain tax management, reorganizations, funds formations, inbound real estate investment, and wealth management. He regularly advises U.S. and foreign-based multinational corporations and partnerships focused on luxury hotel, residences, and resorts, real estate development, and consumer goods and retail in luxury and fashion. He is Chambers rated in Chambers USA for Tax.
Robert is actively focused on the Firm's inclusion and diversity efforts and is the Chair of the North America Diversity and Inclusion Committee, was a member of the North America Anti-Racism Taskforce, and was the past co-chair of the New York and Miami I&D Committee. In 2020, Robert led the team in establishing the North America Tax Practice Group's first annual tax mentorship program in partnership with the National Black Law Students Association. Robert received the Firm’s “Outstanding Pro Bono Volunteer Award” in 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 for his work with numerous organizations and continues to be actively involved with several pro bono initiatives as part of his practice. In 2013, he was recognized as one of the Daily Business Review's "40 Under 40 Rising Stars" and was a finalist in the Daily Business Review's "Most Effective Lawyer" contest.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Florida Bar - Tax Section
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
Robert received the Firm’s "Outstanding Pro Bono Volunteer Award" in 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 for his work with numerous organizations and continues to be actively involved with several pro bono initiatives as part of his practice. Robert was the Chair of the Miami Office Pro Bono Committee from 2010-2015.
- Florida~United States (2004)
- Texas~United States (2003)
- University of Florida (LL.M.) (2004)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (J.D.) (2003)
- Duke University (B.A.) (2000)
Robert has lectured on a variety of topics, including:
- Co-speaker, "Inbound Real Estate Planning," STEP 7th Annual Institute on Tax, Estate Planning, and the Economy, Orange County, California, 15 & 16 February 2018
- Co-presenter, "Tax Reform," 19th Latin America Tax Conference, Miami, Florida, 26 & 27 February 2018
- Presenter, "FIRPTA Update: Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Estate," STEP 6th Annual Institute on Tax, Estate Planning and The Economy, Newport Beach, California, 24 January 2017
- Co-presenter, "Foreign Investment in US Real Estate: The Two Tier Partnership (and beyond)," Baker & McKenzie's 17th Annual International Tax & Trust Training Program, Coral Gables, Florida, 27 & 28 October 2016
- Co-presenter, "Proposed Regulations Under Section 385: Where Do We Go From Here?," Tax Leaders' Workshop, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 2-4 May 2016
- Co-presenter, "Foreign Investment in US Real Estate," STEP Presentation, San Francisco, California, 16 March 2016