Sebastian Mikina is an advocate admitted to practice in Poland and a senior associate in the Banking and Finance Practice at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw.
He graduated with distinction from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw in 2016. He qualified as an advocate in 2020. Prior to joining the Firm in May 2022, Sebastian worked for almost 10 years at the corporate departments and banking and finance practices of other law firms based in Warsaw, including almost six years at the Warsaw office of a renowned global law firm headquartered in New York and an independent Polish law firm founded by the partners of that global law firm following its withdrawal from Poland.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Sebastian among others:
- advised Pepco Group N.V. and its subsidiaries on the Polish law aspects of a EUR 740 million senior facilities agreement entered into with a consortium comprising 11 leading international and Polish financial institutions, in connection with an IPO
- advised Jyske Bank A/S on the project finance of the development of a wind-farm portfolio located in Poland by Eurowind Energy JV
- advised a fund managed by Aberdeen Standard Investments on the acquisition financing and refinancing of several photovoltaic portfolios (with a capacity exceeding 260 MW), as well as on project finance facilities for the construction of subsequent phases of photovoltaic projects in Poland
- participated in advising a fund managed by PIMCO on the refinancing of an acquisition of a Polish group of companies for more than PLN 1 billion
- advised Polish energy group (PGE) in the transaction financial aspects of the implementation of two wind farm projects in the Baltic Sea with a capacity of up to 2.5 GW (having a range of PLN 30-40 billion)
- advised CIECH S.A. on revolving credit facilities of up to PLN 0.5 billion
- advised ECHO Investment in connection with the financing project Galeria Młociny (a shopping center in Warsaw) through a private bond issue program
- advised Raiffeisen Bank International and Raiffeisen Bank Polska S.A. on regulatory matters connected with investment funds managed by Raiffeisen Bank Polska S.A.
- participated in advising Franklin Templeton Investments on an investment in InPost S.A., through a tender offer, the subsequent squeeze-out of the remaining shareholders and the delisting of the company from the Warsaw Stock Exchange
- participated in advising BPH TFI S.A. in connection with the sale of two real estate portfolios owned by funds managed by BPH TFI S.A. to Octava FIZAN
- participated in advising Lehman Brothers in connection with selected Polish aspects of the process of the restructuring of its group
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Poland (2020)
- University of Warsaw