Hania Meshref is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. She advises a wide range of lenders, sponsors and borrowers on domestic and cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on syndicated loans, real estate finance and project finance. Hania is also currently involved in card payment processing and Fintech projects.
Hania focuses on banking, finance and projects and energy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an Egyptian company works in the field of producing phosphate ore in connection with the project development and project financing of a phosphoric acid manufacturing complex project in Abu Tartour, New Valley governorate, at a cost of about USD 842 million.
- Represented AMEA Power in connection with the finance and development of a 500MW solar plant in Aswan and a 500MW wind farm in Gulf of Suez on BOO basis.
- Represented an Egyptian real estate company in connection with obtaining an LG Facility from Commercial International Bank - Egypt. The facility shall be utilized to issue the LGs required under the revenue sharing agreement entered into by the client with respect to its project located in North Coast and known as June, including drafting and negotiating the facility agreement and the other finance documents.
- Representing a regional energy and water sector investment management firm in connection with the acquisition of 24% of the share capital of a Dutch holding company working in the field of solar energy.
- Representing six Egyptian banks in connection with the restructure and increase of the facilities granted to a leading Egyptian propylene and polypropylene producer, including drafting and negotiating all the restructuring and amendment documents as well as structuring the security package for the lenders.
- Egypt (2023)
- King's College London (LLM) (2021)
- Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi (License en Droit) (2020)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.