Julia Medynskaya is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Global Tax Practice Group in New York. She has been advising multinationals on complex US and cross-border tax matters since 2005.
Julia's practice focuses on international corporate tax planning, cross-border M&A and other corporate reorganizations, supply chain optimization, and tax controversies. She has acted as lead tax counsel in various high-profile public transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a publicly traded US healthcare and life sciences company with respect to a wide range of transactions, including:
- Acquisitions and divestitures of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, cardiovascular, laboratory software management, and neuromodulation businesses in multiple jurisdictions
- Spin-off of the research-based pharmaceutical business in multiple jurisdictions
- Post-acquisition integration of cardiovascular and diagnostic businesses
- Advised a publicly traded US conglomerate on tax aspects of a spin-off of its acoustic business in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised a publicly traded US agricultural biotechnology company on tax aspects of post-acquisition integration of the seed business.
- Advised on the design and implementation of tax-efficient supply chain and transfer pricing planning.
- Advised on strategies in response to changes in domestic and international tax law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Tax Section
- New York~United States (2005)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2005)
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., cum laude) (2004)
- Moscow State University (B.A.E.) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.