Magdalena Medyńska is an advocate admitted to practice in Poland and a senior associate in the corporate department of the Warsaw office of Baker McKenzie.
She graduated with distinction from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw in 2013 and qualified as an advocate in 2017.
Prior to joining the Firm in July 2022, Magdalena worked for almost 10 years in the corporate departments and M&A/PE practices of other global law firms based in Warsaw.
Magdalena is experienced in civil law, commercial law and securities law.
She has worked on numerous complex multijurisdictional M&A and private equity transactions, including tender offers and M&A deals involving public companies and financial institutions, in many different business sectors, including the financial, FMCG, pharmaceutical, TMT, real estate and healthcare sectors.
She has participated in M&A transactions structured in innovative ways, in particular in demergers of Polish banks.
She has also advised various institutions on regulatory matters, including representing them in proceedings before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised General Electric Capital Group on the sale and demerger of Bank BPH S.A. to Alior Bank S.A.
- Advised Société Générale on the sale of Euro Bank, its retail banking subsidiary in Poland, to Bank Millennium.
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG on the sale and demerger of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A.’s local Private & Commercial Banking business to Santander Bank Polska S.A. (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK).
- Advised OANDA Global Corporation (a CVC portfolio company) on the acquisition of Dom Maklerski TMS Brokers S.A.
- Advised the CCC Group in connection with a transaction resulting in two new minority investors (Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and A&R Investments Limited, one of the shareholders of InPost S.A.) becoming shareholders of eobuwie.pl S.A. - the leader in the online footwear market in Central and Eastern Europe, for PLN 500 million for each stake.
- Advised Abris CEE Mid-Market Fund III L.P., managed by Abris Capital Ltd., on the acquisition of Scanmed S.A.
- Advised Warburg Pincus on the acquisition of Apteki Gemini, operating a chain of pharmacies in Poland and a nationwide online business.
- Advised Innova Capital on the acquisition of Inelo (a provider of digital solutions pertaining to global vehicle positioning, driving time analysis and settlement software) and Wirtualna Polska (the leading Polish internet portal).
- Advised Bridgepoint Advisors on the acquisition of the Smyk capital group.
- Advised Banco Santander S.A. in relation to the first admission and introduction of its shares to trading on the main market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- Poland (2017)
- University of Warsaw (Master's degree - with honors) (2013)