Tom is a senior associate in the Pensions Department and joined Baker McKenzie in 2012. Tom is a member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers (APL) and sits on the APL's Education & Seminars Committee. He is a regular speaker on pensions issues both to clients and fellow advisers.
Tom is also part of Baker McKenzie's wellbeing group (BakerWellbeing).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Trustee of the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund on the GBP 1.2 billion buy-out of a section of the Fund with two leading insurers and subsequent benefit changes including closure to defined benefit accrual and the establishment of an industry-wide defined contribution arrangement.
- Advising a leading technology company on court proceedings relating to the interpretation of pension scheme indexation rules.
- Advising on the pensions issues associated with Brexit-driven cross-border mergers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers - Member
- Association of Pension Lawyers - Member of Education & Seminars Committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2009)
- BPP Law School (LPC) (2007)
- BPP Law School (GDL) (2006)
- University of Cambridge (M.Phil) (2005)
Author, "Abolition of DB contracting-out - possible headaches for industry-wide schemes," PMI News, March 2015
Speaker, "I'm a UK sponsoring employer, get me out of here (re-visiting some potential issues on corporate restructuring in light of Brexit)," Association of Pension Lawyers Summer Conference, June 2018