Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major data communications company on Canadian competition and foreign investment law on its acquisition of a video surveillance company.
- Represented a major private equity fund on Canadian competition and foreign investment law in its acquisition of a leading supplier of injection molding equipment and services.
- Advised a global job search engine in connection with the acquisition of a local job search engine, including commercial issues associated with the acquisition of the accompanying social media accounts.
- Advised a leading luxury wine and spirit company on its Canadian alcohol marketing practices.
- Advised a major consumer goods company on its marketing practices with respect to Quebec’s French language requirements.
- Advised a leading video game platform in connection with its Canadian expansion, focusing on Canadian youth protection laws, and related privacy and marketing laws.
- Advised a major pharmaceutical company on its consent requirements under Canadian health privacy laws in connection with its creation of a new patient experience, which would provide care through the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Registered a global technology company as a telecommunications service provider with Canada’s telecommunications regulator and advised on related reporting, licensing, payment and other obligations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario~Canada (2016)
- Ottawa University (J.D.) (2015)
- Ottawa University (BSc. Biopharmaceutical Sciences) (2012)
Co-author, “The Virtual Highway – Smart Cars Driven by Smart Data," b:INFORM, a Baker & McKenzie digital magazine designed for privacy and technology professionals
Contributor, Canadian chapter of “The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Cybersecurity 2018," ICLG, 2018