Francesco is a litigator advising clients on a broad range of litigation and arbitration matters relating to commercial, corporate, financial and insurance disputes with a strong international focus.
Francesco has extensive experience in assisting major companies on commercial and corporate disputes (e.g., post-acquisition, R&W claims, directors’ and shareholders’ disputes, unfair competition claims) including with respect to construction and real estate matters, before Courts and Arbitral Tribunals.
He regularly acts for financial institutions on wide range of disputes including asset management, investors’ claims, class actions and investigations brought by the Italian Regulation Authorities. He also acts for major insurance companies and brokers with respect to financial lines, product liability, life insurance, property damage and casualty claims.
He has been assisting aircraft lessors in a variety of disputes including with reference to aircraft repossession, airport charges and disputes with airport managament companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for leading NYSE listed aircraft lessor in several disputes arising from breach of lease agreements with major airlines companies aimed at aircraft repossession, including enforcement and protection of lessors’ rights in a variety of insolvency proceedings as well as against Italian Airport Authorities
- Acting for a Dubai based real estate developer in international construction arbitration proceedings against the builder of a 5-star luxury hotel in the city of Milan
- Acting for an international oil & gas player in turn-key construction arbitration of an IGCC plant
- Acting for major US headquartered insurer in international arbitration and court proceedings arising out of a post M&A dispute
- Acting for international property investment manager in several disputes in connection with the breach of lease agreements by Italian tenants and relevant enforcement proceedings, including protecting client’s interests following bankruptcy declaration of the tenants and claw back proceedings issued by bankruptcy receiver.
- Acting for several companies (based in the UK, Luxembourg and Italy) of a leading institutional manager in various Madoff-related proceedings brought by financial intermediaries and individuals for damages allegedly incurred in connection with Madoff fraud
- Acting for major UK financial institution in several judicial proceedings, including before the Supreme Court, against an Italian financial intermediary following breach by the latter of an agreement for the sale of secured loan portfolios for an aggregate value of EUR 400m.
- Acting for insurance companies and brokers in a variety of disputes with respect to financial lines, product liability, life insurance, property damage and casualty claims
- Acting for leading US financial institution in litigation regarding the breach of a syndicated loan agreement and relevant financing facilities totaling EUR 30million, granted in connection with the construction of the Tanzania airport.
- German Banking Group – acting for leading German bank in several disputes brought by Banca Popolare Italiana SpA seeking reimbursement for damages up to €1.8 billion allegedly incurred as a result of the illicit conduct of the former members of the Board of Directors in connection with Banca Antonveneta takeover.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association
- Italy Supreme Court (2011)
- Milan~Italy (1998)
- Università degli Studi di Milano (Law Degree) (1994)