Jonathan Martin is a partner in the Houston office of Baker & McKenzie LLP and a member of the Firm’s tax practice group. He has a broad range of experience in all areas of federal income tax law, with an emphasis on international tax planning, global tax minimization and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Martin represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, and energy companies, medical diagnostic companies, retail companies, pharmaceutical companies and high-tech firms.
Mr. Martin has received individual recognition as a leading international tax lawyer in the International Tax Review, World Tax Survey, and has been recognized multiple times as a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers in the area of taxation. He also serves as the Houston office lateral hiring partner and on the Houston office Pro Bono, Recruiting, and Business Development/Marketing Committees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Houston Tax Roundtable - Member
- Texas~United States (2000)
- New York University (LL.M. Taxation) (2000)
- Washburn School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- University of Kansas (B.A.) (1996)