Carlos is a Team Leader at the corporate group of the Madrid office. His main fields of practice are capital markets, M&A and general corporate law.
Carlos has extensive experience in advising on national and international capital markets transactions, including IPOs, capital increases and all types of debt offerings, as well as advising Spanish listed companies. He also regularly participates in M&A transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented the Board of Directors of Cemex Latam Holdings in the context of the public takeover bid launched by Cemex España.
- Represented a syndicate of bookrunners led by JB Capital Markets on the IPO of Aspy on BME Growth.
- Represented a syndicate of investors led by Asabys Partners on the €30 million Series A investment round of Ona Therapeutics.
- Represented All Iron RE SOCIMI on its €57 million capital raising process and direct listing on BME Growth.
- Represented a syndicate of bookrunners led by JB Capital Markets on the IPO of Holaluz on BME Growth.
- Represented a syndicate of investors led by Caixa Capital Risc and Alta Life Sciences on the €72 million Series D investment round of Sanifit Therapeutics.
- Represented Minor International on its public takeover bid over the Spanish listed company NH Hotel Group, S.A.
- Represented the Board of Directors of Telepizza in the context of the public takeover bid launched by KKR.
- Represented Bankia on its €1,250 million AT-1 convertible bond issuances listed on Euronext Dublin.
- Represented Bankia on the annual updates of its EUR 10 billion EMTN Programme registered on Euronext Dublin and its €1 billion Tier 2 notes issuance under the Programme.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Madrid Bar Association, Spain
- Madrid~Spain (2011)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Bachelor of Laws)
- El papel del asesor legal del Consejo de Administración de la sociedad afectada en el marco de un proceso de OPA (Anuario 2020 Práctica Mercantil para abogados).
- Aspectos más relevantes del proceso de toma de control de NH Hotel Group (Anuario 2019 de Práctica Mercantil para abogados).
- Las nuevas directrices de ESMA sobre "Medidas alternativas de rendimiento" (Revista de Derecho de Sociedades, Editorial Aranzadi).
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.