Carlos is a Team Leader at the corporate group of the Madrid office. His main fields of practice are capital markets, M&A and general corporate law.
Carlos has over 10 years of experience advising clients on corporate law matters. In particular, he regularly advises on domestic and international capital markets transactions, including IPOs, capital increases and debt offerings. He also has extensive experience in private and public M&A transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a syndicate of bookrunners led by JB Capital Markets in the IPO of Aspy on BME Growth.
- Represented All Iron RE SOCIMI in its EUR 57 million capital raising process and direct listing on BME Growth.
- Represented a syndicate of bookrunners led by JB Capital Markets in the IPO of Holaluz on BME Growth.
- Represented Minor International in its public takeover bid over the Spanish listed company NH Hotel Group, S.A.
- Represented the Board of Directors of Telepizza in the context of the public takeover bid launched by KKR.
- Represented Bankia in the annual updates of its EUR 10 billion EMTN Programme registered on Euronext Dublin and its EUR 1 billion Tier 2 notes issuance under the Programme.
Private M&A/Investment rounds
- Represented Sanifit Therapeutics and its selling shareholders on the exit process and sale of the share capital of the company to Vifor Pharma.
- Represented the financial and institutional investors on the exit process and sale of Origo Biopharma to AgomAb Therapeutics.
- Represented a syndicate of investors in the EUR 72 million Series D investment round of Sanifit Therapeutics.
- Represented a syndicate of investors led by Asabys Partners in the EUR 30 million Series A investment round of Ona Therapeutics.
- Represented Caixa Capital Risk on the sale process of Scutum Logistics (Silence) to Acciona.
- Represented Afterpay on the acquisition of the Spanish fintech Pagantis.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Madrid Bar Association, Spain
- Madrid~Spain (2011)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Bachelor of Laws)
- El papel del asesor legal del Consejo de Administración de la sociedad afectada en el marco de un proceso de OPA (Anuario 2020 Práctica Mercantil para abogados).
- Aspectos más relevantes del proceso de toma de control de NH Hotel Group (Anuario 2019 de Práctica Mercantil para abogados).
- Las nuevas directrices de ESMA sobre "Medidas alternativas de rendimiento" (Revista de Derecho de Sociedades, Editorial Aranzadi).
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.