Roberto Macías is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He mainly advises on corporate and cross-border transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and other strategic transactions. Roberto has broad experience representing multinational private companies in acquisitions across multiple industries, including regulated industries as healthcare. He is a member of the International Bar Association.
Roberto guides foreign companies in acquiring or forming Mexican businesses with local or foreign investments. He advises on general corporate matters and his practices also include negotiating commercial agreements and coordinating the team assisting the legal needs of clients in other practices of law. His clients include multinational companies in the automotive, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, real estate, and information technology sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Silgan Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of the Mexican dispensing systems business of WestRock.
- Assisted Kueski, one the largest fintech startups in Mexico, securing the largest credit facility from Victory Park.
- Assisted a multi-national network infrastructure provider company in the acquisition of the Mexican telecom, enterprise and wireless businesses from TE Connectivity.
- Represented Anumex in the sale of its web-based classified listings business to SegundaMano.com.
- Represented Salesforce.com in the sale of a software license to the largest telecommunications company in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. Assisted Portola Packaging, Inc. in the sale of its Mexican subsidiaries to Silgan Holdings, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (2012)
- Universidad Panamericana Campus Guadalajara (Post Graduate Business and Commercial Law) (2013)
- Universidad Panamericana Campus Guadalajara (Law Degree) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.