Christina's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and competition, foreign investments, and corporate reorganizations and restructuring for a range of industries including pharmaceuticals and healthcare, outsourcing, information technology, real estate, and consumer goods.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise a global healthcare products company on: (i) the sale to a top real estate property developer of the client's shares in a Philippine company that owns the land on which client's facility was situated, the client's building and related improvements and accessories; and (ii) the termination of the lease between the client and the company that owns the land.
- Represent the largest state-owned transmission and distribution company in China in its participation in a consortium that was awarded the concession to finance, operate, manage, and maintain the assets and facilities of a government-owned and controlled corporation with the sole franchise to engage in the business of the transmission of electricity in the Philippines.
- Assist an NYSE-listed company providing analytic data platforms, analytic applications and related services in the Philippine aspect of the sale of its marketing applications business to a privately-owned software outsourcing company in Asia. Assist and advise on various corporate matters, including government regulatory registrations and approvals, sublease agreement with shared facilities, and advice on bulk sales law.
- Assist a leading Japanese global research-based pharmaceutical company, in the following transactions following the global acquisition of another multinational pharmaceutical company, leading to the integration of client’s entities in the Philippines: (i) buy-out of the client's Philippine subsidiary for the client to wholly-own legacy; (ii) establishment of the client's new entity in the Philippines; (iii) transfer of assets and product registrations of target companies to the client's entity.
- Advise a global online technology platform company on the following matters: (i) legal issues in connection with its activities and operations in the Philippines, (ii) structure of the client's entity in the Philippines, (iii) legal requirements in connection with the client's activities and operations in the Philippines, and (iv) review of the terms and conditions of the contractual arrangements for the operations in the Philippines.
- Assist a major Philippine telecommunications provider in its joint venture with a Mexican medical services provider, which will operate a health hotline service in the Philippines.
- Advise a global provider of in vitro diagnostics on its proposed operations in the Philippines, including the distribution of medical devices, following the acquisition by a multinational private equity from a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer.
- Assist an American publicly-traded company in the sale of its land located in a special economic zone registered with the PEZA to a real estate developer, and its facility and equipment located on the land to a subsidiary of a European food ingredients company.
- Advise one of the world's largest makers of passive electronic components on legal requirements, and review of documents, for the purchase of an industrial property site, including foreign equity restriction on land ownership in the Philippines and general procedures and requirements to establish a corporation in the Philippines.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- Philippines (1999)
- University of the Philippines (LLB cum laude, Awardee, Dean's Medal for Academic Excellence) (1998)
- Ateneo de Manila University (BS Legal Management) (1994)