Richard Lustig — a partner in the Firm’s Melbourne office — is the Australian head of mergers and acquisitions and has 30 years experience in acting for bidders and targets. Richard focuses on public mergers and acquisitions including takeovers and schemes of arrangements, as well as initial public offerings and capital raisings. Richard is recognized as a leading recommended lawyer by Chambers Global, APL500, Chambers Asia Pacific, Best Lawyers in Australia, Doyles and IFLR. Chambers Global recognizes Richard's prominence in takeover transactions and those conducted by schemes of arrangement.
Representative Legal Matters
Acting for acquirers and listed companies in initiating and defending takeovers.
Acting on schemes of arrangement and other mergers and acquisitions.
Acted for numerous parties in the Takeovers Panel.
Advising on cross-border acquisitions and transactions.
Advising on a broad range of capital raisings.
Advising on numerous listings on the ASX and other securities exchanges.
- Victoria~Australia (1990)
- Securities Institute of Australia (Graduate Diploma) (1999)
- Melbourne University (LL.B. Honours) (1989)
- Melbourne University (Bachelor of Commerce) (1988)
- Co-author, “Global Public M&A Guide,” Baker McKenzie, June 2020
- Co-author, "Australia: COVID-19 - Mitigating the Control Effects of Entitlement Offers During a Time of Uncertainty," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 15 May 2020
- Co-author, "Australia: The Federal Government temporarily permits virtual meetings in response to COVID-19," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 8 May 2020
- Co-author, "Takeovers Guide Australia," Baker McKenzie, January 2018
- Co-author, "Guide to Investing in the Mining Industry in Australia," Baker McKenzie, March 2017