Jan Lusti is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office and a member of the Corporate Finance Practice Group. He graduated from the University of St. Gallen. Subsequently, he worked as a trainee lawyer for Baker McKenzie Zurich. He was admitted to the bar in 2021 and rejoined the Firm the same year.
Jan Lusti focuses on advising domestic and international clients in the areas of corporate transactions, corporate finance, capital markets as well as general corporate, commercial and contract law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the issuer, underwriters or depositary bank in each of the four inaugural global depositary receipts (GDR) listings on SIX Swiss Exchange under China-Switzerland Stock Connect, consisting of the offerings by Gem Co., Gotion High-tech Co., Keda Industrial Group Co. and Ningbo Shanshan Co. with total proceeds of over USD 1.5 billion.
- Advised SIX-listed Cicor Technologies on its issuance of mandatory convertible notes with tradeable advance subscription rights.
- Structured the first Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) under Swiss law and advised VT5 Acquisition Company, the first Swiss-listed SPAC, on its initial public offering.
- Advised BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank in connection with their approximately CHF 19 billion bridge facility for Roche Holding Ltd.
- Advised UBS Switzerland AG, Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd. and a syndicate of banks in CHF 1,5 billion revolving credit financing for Swiss International Air Lines AG and Edelweiss Air AG partially secured by the Swiss Confederation.
- Advised Credit Suisse-led bank syndicate on CHF 265 million revolving credit financing for SR Technics Switzerland AG partially secured by the Swiss Confederation.
- Advised SIX-listed Kuehne+Nagel on its acquisition of Apex International Corporation.
- Advised SIX-listed Basilea Pharmaceuticals on its 2021 Private Investments in Public Equity (PIPE) share placement.
- Advised Highbridge Capital Management on its equity-linked debt financing for SIXlisted Santhera Pharmaceuticals via senior secured exchangeable notes.
- Represented SIX-listed Zur Rose Group on its accelerated book-building leading to a CHF 213 million capital increase.
- Advised SIX-listed SCHMOLZ+BICKENBACH on all legal aspects of its CHF 325 million recapitalization through a rights offering.
- Advised Ultima Capital on its listing and placements of shares.
- Switzerland (2021)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG in Law and Economics) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG in Law and Economics) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.