Mostafa Lotayef is a Counsel within the Cairo office of Baker McKenzie. Mostafa focuses his practice on various forms of debt finance, including project finance, leveraged loan facilities, acquisition finance and debt capital markets. He has experience in drafting facility agreements, security documents and other finance documents for various debt finance structures and has counselled project sponsors and finance parties on energy and infrastructure projects.
Mostafa's practice focuses on Banking & Finance as well as corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) in connection with a USD 150 million revolving facility agreement made between El Sewedy Electric S.A.E as borrower and Afreximbank. The loan will be used to meet the firm's various business purposes.
- Represented Banque Misr in a USD 100 million facility agreement between El Sewedy Electric S.A.E as borrower and Banque Misr as lender to finance expansion plans in Africa.
- Advised Edita food Industries as a borrower in relation to a USD 20 million seven-year, medium-term facility from International Finance Corporation.
- Advised Egyptian Centers for Real Estate Development in connection with financing through a real estate portfolio transaction.
- Acted as an Egyptian counsel in connection with extending a term loan financing of USD 100 million to Middle East Glass Manufacturing Company and other group members operating three glass factories in Egypt. The finance is used to refinance the group's existing indebtedness and support the capital expenditure of the group.
- Advised Marakez Al Sokhna for Real Estate Projects S.A.E, a subsidiary of the Saudi Arabian conglomerate and largest mall developer and operator in the region — Fawaz AlHokair Group — on its EGP 1.5 billion facility from a consortium of five banks to develop Phase I of the Mall of Kattameya, located in Kattameya, Cairo-Sokhna Road.
- Advised the term loan finance parties in connection with extending a financing of more than USD 3.2 billion to finance a greenfield refinery owned and operated by the Egyptian Refining Company (Takrir) S.A.E. in Mostord, Egypt.
- Advised African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) on its USD 170 million facility agreement to Egypt-based conglomerate Orascom Investment Holding (OIH) to assist the company expand its pan-African activities in pursuit of its short and medium-term expansion strategy.
- Advised Rawasy, a new real estate joint venture established by the National Bank of Egypt (NBE) and Banque Misr, in connection with acquiring real estate assets in Talaat Moustafa Group’s (TMG) Madinaty compound for a purchase price of approximately EGP 9 billion.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association
- Egypt (2009)
- Indiana University School of Law (LLM) (2011)
- Alexandria University (LLB) (2009)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.