Duffy Lorenz advises clients on a wide range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and pre- and post-transaction corporate reorganizations. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Lorenz worked in the Hong Kong office of a major international law firm.
Ms. Lorenz focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, spinoffs and joint ventures. She also works closely with our cross-border tax team on acquisition financing, corporate restructuring and global cash utilization and redeployment projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Kofax as international counsel on the purchase of Nuance Communication’s imaging business.
- Advised Thoma Bravo as international counsel on the purchase of Veracode from Broadcom.
- Advised Digicert as international counsel on the purchase of Symantec Corporation’s website security and PKI business.
- Advised Thoma Bravo as international counsel on the purchase of Lexmark’s enterprise software business and subsequent sale of the Perceptive business to Hyland.
- Advised Baxter International Inc. on the international aspects of the spinoff of its bioscience business into a new NYSE-listed company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works Inc. on the global separation of its industrial packaging business and the international aspects of its subsequent divestiture to The Carlyle Group.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works Inc. as international counsel on the divestment of a majority interest in its decorative surfaces segment to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC.
- Advised Kellogg Company as international counsel on its purchase of Pringles from The Procter & Gamble Company.
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Minnesota~United States (2006)
- University of California at Los Angeles (J.D.) (2006)
- University of Chicago (B.A. Honors) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.