Duffy Lorenz advises clients on a wide range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and other cross-border corporate governance and business law issues. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Lorenz was a corporate associate in the Hong Kong office of a major international law firm.
Ms. Lorenz focuses on international and domestic mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and pre and post-transaction corporate reorganizations. She also works closely with our cross-border tax team on acquisition financing, restructuring and global cash utilization and repatriation projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Becton, Dickinson and Company on a wide range of transactions, including the post-acquisition integration of CareFusion Corporation and the acquisition of Cato Software Solutions GmbH and Kiestra Lab Automation BV.
- Advised Thoma Bravo as international counsel in multiple complex international carve-out acquisitions.
- Advised Baxter International Inc. on the international aspects of the spinoff of its bioscience business into a new NYSE-listed company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works Inc. on the global separation of its industrial packaging business and the international aspects of its subsequent divestiture to The Carlyle Group for USD 3.2 billion.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works Inc. as international counsel on the divestment of a majority interest in its decorative surfaces segment to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC for USD 1.05 billion.
- Advised Kellogg Company as international counsel on its purchase of Pringles from The Procter & Gamble Company for USD 2.7 billion.
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Minnesota~United States (2006)
- University of California at Los Angeles (J.D.) (2006)
- University of Chicago (B.A. Honors) (2003)