Milka focuses her practice in the representation of a wide range of industry clients (e.g. Technology, Media & Telecoms; Oil & Gas and Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation). She focuses her practice in anticorruption and compliance matters as well as litigation (civil and commercial procedures).
She has worked for national and multinational companies in conducting risk assessments and in the implementation of internal controls to prevent corruption and internal frauds. She also participated in several internal investigations within organizations for acts of corruption and fraud committed by their employees, and, following up the investigations, she worked in the adoption of the corresponding remediation measures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Worked with national and multinational companies in conducting risk assessments in order to implement or update codes, policies and internal controls focused on the prevention of corruption and internal frauds.
- Involved on internal investigations within organizations for acts of corruption and fraud committed by their employees.
- Advised in the development and implementation of remediation measures derived from internal investigations such as updating internal policies, employee training, and self-reporting before Mexican authorities.
- Participated in several law initiatives and its amendments, with various civil society organizations (Mexicanos Contra la Corrupción y la Impunidad, MéXXIco Libre de Corrupción, Red de Organizaciones Ciudadanas, Vamos Por Una Fiscalía Que Sirva, International Chamber ofCommerce, etc.) on the implementation of the National Anticorruption System and the appointment of the members of that System.
- In civil, commercial and bankruptcy litigation, she represented debtors in various special mortgage lawsuits; being the one in charge to draft the corresponding documents for their defense.
Milka contributed with Fundación AVU, I.A.P. in a project for empowerment of elder people.
Milka is currently working in the International Rights Campaign project for the implementation of a toolkit regarding "Transgender Inclusion in the Workplace" for Mexico.
- Mexico (2019)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Law Degree - J.D. equivalent with honors) (2019)
- Universidad Panamericana (Seminar on Prevention of Money Laundering) (2019)
- Ontiveros Consulting S.C. (Course "Criminal Compliance Program as evidence") (2019)
- Ontiveros Consulting S.C. (Diploma course in Criminal Theory and Criminal Compliance) (2018)
- International Chamber of Commerce Mexico (II International Congress against Corruption) (2018)
- International Chamber of Commerce Mexico (First International Congress against Corruption) (2017)
- International Chamber of Commerce Mexico (Business Risk Management Workshop) (2017)
- International Chamber of Commerce, Mexico and Universidad Panamericana (I Anti-Corruption Diploma course) (2017)
- Legal Ethics and Compliance Mexico Association (ISO 37001, Anti-bribery Management Systems Workshop Course) (2017)