Nicole Looks joined Baker McKenzie Frankfurt in June 2004. Before she was engaged as Partner with KPMG Wirtschaftspruefungsgesellschaft, where she had a substantial influence on the establishment of a specialist team in the field of indirect taxation and customs law for eleven years. From 1990 until 1992 she was engaged as customs auditor with the regional tax office in Karlsruhe. She became Master of Taxation (Diplom-Finanzwirtin) at Fachhochschule des Bundes fuer oeffentliche Verwaltung (Bundeszollverwaltung) in Muenster und Sigmaringen in 1990 and was admitted as Certified Tax Advisor (German Tax Bar) in 1997. Nicole has been awarded "Women in Tax Leaders 2017" and "Leading Individual for Indirect Tax" in ITR's Indirect Tax Leaders from International Tax Review. Furthermore, she is recommended as leading individual in Tax Law 2016/2017 from JUVE and has been awarded "Best in Tax 2017" from Best Lawyers in cooperation with Handelsblatt. In 2016, Nicole has been awarded “Best in Tax” at the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards. She is also recognized by Legal 500 and Chambers Europe.
Nicole is a partner and member of the Firm's General Tax practices of the Germany offices. She further heads the German Indirect Tax Practice and is part of the European Tax Steering Committee. Her practice focuses on advising national and international companies in all value added tax and customs related matters. She focuses on supply chain structuring, VAT and customs optimization of German and EU inbound transactions, tax audits and disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several multinationals in the implementation of sales commissionaire structures in Europe (including defence in tax field audits).
- Advised companies of different industry sectors regarding customs tariff classifications, also with respect to VAT rates.
- Represented companies of different industry sectors in administrative proceedings.
- Advised companies of different industry sectors in setting up proper customs compliance programs.
- Represented a major supplier in the automotive sector in customs audits.
- Women in Tax Leaders 2017, ITR's Indirect Tax Leaders from International Tax Review, 2017
- Leading Individual in Indirect Tax, ITR's Indirect Tax Leaders from International Tax Review, 2017
- Leading Individual in Tax Law, JUVE 2016/2017
- Leading Individual in Tax Planning, JUVE 2017
- Best in Tax, Best Lawyers (in cooperation with Handelsblatt) 2017
- Best in Tax, Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards, 2016
- Leading Individual in Tax, Legal 500, 2016
- Band 3 Tax Consultants, Chambers Europe, 2017
- Frankfurt Tax Bar~Germany (1997)
- Steuerberaterin (Certified Tax Advisor)
- Fac. des Bundes fuer oeffentliche Verwaltung Münster/Sigmaringen (Graduate Public Finance) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.