Pedro Londono is a Lawyer from Universidad de Los Andes in Bogota with a Minor in Business Management, with experience in Intellectual Property Law. He has been part of Baker McKenzie since 2019, where he first joined as Auxiliary Associate and currently is Junior Associate in the Intellectual Property group.
Pedro has experience in the private sector where he has assisted national and international companies in the protection and enforcement of their Intellectual Property rights. His work has focused in the legal protection and enforcement of trademarks, patents and copyright.
Additionally, Pedro led, as Secondee, the Anti-Counterfeiting team for The Americas Region of one of the main pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the due diligence for one of the most important transactions in Colombia in the recent years, where he was part of the team that analyzed the IP rights owned by the objective company in the transaction.
- Headed the Anti-Counterfeiting team for The Americas Region of one of the most important pharmaceutical companies in the world, with a strong global presence in the consumer healthcare, pharmaceutical and vaccine businesses.
- Supported a leading North American tool company in the registration of a color trademark in Colombia, where there are currently only around 50 registered color trademarks. Aided the client persuading the Deputy Superintendent to grant the registration, and revoke the Trademark Office's decision that refused its registration in first instance.
- Aided a British leading company in the alcoholic beverages field to attain the registration of one of their flagship vodka trademarks in Colombia.
- Helped an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, health care, and consumer goods in attaining the declaration of the well-known character (notoriety) of their trademark in classes 9 and 10 in Colombia.
- Participated in the Global Compass for Youth initiative led by Baker McKenzie and Apple, Inc., where attention lines and support was provided for youth during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supported Fundación AlasCinco (which works towards abolishing children malnutrition in Colombia) in an opposition proceeding against the registration of a trademark that was confusingly similar to their flagship product ROLA LA GRANOLA.
- Currently assists Green & Inclusive (a non-profit organization that supports vulnerable communities in their social and economic development through agriculture) in the clearance to register their IP rights in Colombia.
- Universidad de los Andes (LLB) (2021)
- Author, "Diseños Industriales: nuevas oportunidades", Asuntos Legales, November, 2019.
- Author, "Marcas en tiempos de crisis", Revista P&M, July, 2020.
- Author, "Grupos empresariales y la coexistencia de sus marcas en el mercado colombiano", Revista P&M, August, 2021.
- Author, "Consenso de titulares de marcas para su coexistencia: ¿cómo opera esto en Colombia?", Revista P&M, April, 2022.
- Author, "Franquicias, licencias de uso e infracciones marcarias", Asuntos Legales, August, 2022.
- Keynote speaker, "Identificación de falsificados y manejo de incidentes: Experiencias en la lucha contra la falsificación de medicamentos", Mercado Ilegal de Medicamentos en Época de Pandemia, Lima, Perú, February 2021.
- Keynote speaker, "Propiedad Intelectual: Nuevos Negocios y Oportunidades - Metaverso", destined for clients and held in our Bogota office.
- Keynote speaker, "NFTs y Metaverso e Industria Financiera". Conference held before the Legal Team of Davivienda. August 2022.
- Keynote speaker, "NFTs y Metaverso e Industria Financiera". Conference held before the Legal Team of Bancolombia, in the city of Bogota, Colombia. August 2022.