Ms. Lis has extensive experience advising companies on US laws relating to exports and reexports of commercial goods and technology, defense trade controls and trade sanctions — including licensing, regulatory interpretations, compliance programs and enforcement matters. She also has advised clients on national security reviews of foreign investment administered by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), including CFIUS-related due diligence, risk assessment, and representation before the CFIUS agencies.
- Leading Individual for Foreign Investment Review, Who's Who Legal 2021
- U.S. Court of International Trade~United States (2003)
- District of Columbia~United States (2002)
- Maryland~United States (2001)
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D.) (2001)
- Northwestern University (B.A., Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa) (1996)
Co-author, "Trade sanctions and export controls: A multijurisdictional analysis for the energy sector." Journal of World Energy Law & Business, July 2010.
Co-author, "Managing Risks Under U.S. Import- And Export-Related Laws," PharmAsia News, January 2008.
Co-author, "Exports Face Scrutiny," Legal Times, June 2005.
Co-author, "U.S. National Security Focus: Tougher Penalties, More Prosecutions for Export Violations," White Collar Crime Reporter, April 2005.