Registered Foreign Lawyer
Baker & McKenzie
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Amy Ling advises multinational companies on a range of issues relating to PRC tax and legal implications of investments in China, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, post acquisition integration, licensing, retail structures, supply chain structures and individual income taxation matters.
Amy's previous work experience include a number of years practicing in New York City with a Big Four Accounting Firm and a major Investment Banking Firm.
She has over 12 years’ experience in advising China tax issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised various multinational companies on cross-border restructuring transactions.
- Advised various multinational companies on tax-efficient acquisition and holding structures in M&A acquisition transactions and post-acquisition integration.
- Advised various multinational companies in setting up tax-efficient holding structures for China investments.
- Advised various multinational companies on tax issues associated with the set up of joint ventures.
- Advised various US based multinationals on FIN48 analysis related to PRC tax issues.
- Advised various multinational companies on tax issues associated with supply chain restructuring.
- Advised various multinational companies on legal and tax issues associated with employee equity incentive plans.
- Leading lawyer (Tax, PRC Law: International Firms) - Chambers Asia Pacific (2021)
- Tax Controversy Leader in Hong Kong - International Tax Review, Tax Controversy Leaders Guide (2016-2019)
- Women in Tax Leaders in Hong Kong - International Tax Review (2016-2018)
- Tax Controversy Leader in China - International Tax Review, Tax Controversy Leaders Guide (2014-2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (2007)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D.) (2007)
- State University of New York at Buffalo (B.S. Accounting) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.