Baker & McKenzie Zurich
Admitted as EU lawyer to Swiss courts in accordance with Art. 28 BGFA
Susanne Liebel-Kotz is a member of the Firm’s Global Tax and Real Estate practice groups in Zurich. She has almost 10 years of broad international tax planning and M&A experience. Before joining Baker McKenzie, she worked in another major law firm in Munich. Susanne Liebel-Kotz was admitted to practice as an Attorney-at-Law in Germany in 2012, and earned additional qualification in 2015 as a Certified Tax Adviser and a Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law (Fachanwältin für Steuerrecht). In 2019, she qualified as a Swiss Certified Tax Expert and was awarded for outstanding academic achievements ("Best 3" Swiss Certified Tax Experts graduates award). Susanne is a frequent speaker on seminars and other events regarding various taxation issues, in particular with respect to international taxation.
Susanne's work is focused on international tax planning and tax advice in connection with M&A transactions and corporate restructurings, including capital markets transactions, private equity and venture capital. She routinely assists Swiss and international clients in inbound and outbound tax planning strategies. In addition, Susanne advises clients on tax matters in all phases of a transaction process, from designing tax optimized acquisition and joint venture structures, carrying out tax due diligence reviews to the drafting and negotiation of tax related aspects of the transaction documentation and the implementation of tax efficient post-merger integrations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Körber Group on the sale of United Grinding Group.
- Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on various acquisitions.
- Advised Lalique Group on listing and subsequent capital increases.
- Advised major Swiss real estate companies on reorganization and M&A matters.
- Advised a multinational sanitary group on several intragroup reorganizations and capital increases.
- Regularly advises an international pharma group on various intra-group restructurings.
- Certified Tax Expert (Eidg. Dipl. Steuerexperte, Switzerland) (2019)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater)~Germany (2015)
- Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law (Fachanwältin für Steuerrecht, Germany) (2015)
- Germany (2012)
- Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law (Fachanwältin für Steuerrecht) (2015)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (2011)
- University of Augsburg (First State Exam) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.