Shih Hui Lee has advised on both regional and Singapore tax issues, focusing on advising multinational companies on the international tax aspects of cross-border transactions. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow, Shih Hui worked in one of the Big Four accounting firms in Singapore. She has also been a regional tax advisor in one of Singapore's multinational broadcasting companies.
Shih Hui's practice focuses on tax consultancy in international taxation, group and business restructuring, tax controversy and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a US multinational in relation to its business expansion in the region, including planning the probable business structure/expansion and negotiating with relevant authorities on the business' migration.
- Advising a UK multinational on the reorganization of its holding structure involving 18 entities in 10 jurisdictions in the region.
- Assisting a US multinational in its global integration and advising on possible integration options, as well as planning and implementing a viable and sustainable business strategy.
- Assisting a US multinational in resolving its historical issues and queries and achieving the best possible outcome in relation to its Singapore tax audit and working on voluntary disclosure to the Singapore tax authorities.
- Managing a portfolio of corporate tax clients in the pharmaceutical, property development, manufacturing, trading and service industries in tax compliance, and dealing with the tax authorities’ queries and investigations.
- Providing international tax advice and assisting in tax planning in relation to a client’s group restructuring and cross-border transactions, and highlighting potential transfer pricing, permanent establishment and withholding tax issues.
- Assisting a client in the preparation of tax templates and coordination of tax responses from different tax jurisdictions, including Australia, India, Hong Kong and Malaysia, in relation to the development of a shared service center in Singapore.
- Assisting in a capital allowance study for an integrated resort project, which involves researching on case laws related to the capital allowances claim, and meeting with the client and quality surveyors to discuss the best approach.
- Assisting clients in their tax accounting, which involves the preparation of clients' tax provision and deferred tax balances, as well as the completion of clients' tax packages for corporate reporting purposes.
- Assisting US clients in their FIN 48 identification, review, analysis of uncertain tax positions and reporting, including discussions with US offices requirements and issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants - Member
- SIATP - Accredited Tax Practitioner
- Nanyang Technological University (Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours))