Baker & McKenzie
Heman Lee is special counsel of Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Dispute Resolution Group. His practice focuses on anti-bribery investigations/disputes, regulatory investigations/disputes (including anti-money laundering, insurance and other matters), general commercial litigations and international arbitrations. Heman has experiences in handling regulators including ICAC, SFC, HKMA, HKEx and the Insurance Authority.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a former senior management member of a major investment bank in a criminal prosecution by ICAC and cross-border administrative proceedings by US regulators involving anti-corruption issues.
- Acted for a major Chinese developer in regulatory proceedings involving Financial Reporting Council and in debt recovery proceedings.
- Acted for a major Chinese bank in investigation and disciplinary proceedings by HKMA involving anti-money laundering issues.
- Acted for a private insurance company in a number of high-profile investigations relating to issues raised by the Insurance Authority.
- Acted for a PRC billionaire in debt recovery proceedings involving PRC and Hong Kong cross-border elements.
- Acted for a major insurance company in its disputes with its distributor.
- Acted for a major international bank in relation to anti-corruption issues arising from its hiring practices and dealt with multiple regulators, including ICAC, HKMA and SFC.
- Acted for a major Chinese bank in handling a SFC investigation involving product suitability issues.
- Acted for a Hong Kong developer in various construction disputes and arbitrations against main contractor and architect/project manager.
- Acted for a wealthy individual in successfully resisting the enforcement of a PRC arbitral award in Hong Kong.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Hong Kong (2012)
- New South Wales~Australia (2009)
- University of New South Wales (Law and Commerce (Actuarial Studies))
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.