Cristóbal Larrain is an associate in the Firm's New York office. He advises local and international clients in connection with corporate affairs and public and private M&A transactions, including tender offers, auction processes, joint ventures, private equity investments, and corporate restructuring.
Cristóbal focuses his practice mainly on corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity, banking and finance, and projects, advising Chilean and foreign clients from a variety of industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Securitizadora Security S.A. with the structuring and issuance of a line of securitized bonds for USD 123 million.
- Advised Rockwood Lithium with the expansion of its La Negra plant in the Atacama Salt.
- Advised LafargeHolcim in its USD 116 million sale of Cemento Polpaico, a Chilean publicly listed company.
- Advised Credicorp Capital Asset Management S.A. Administradora General de Fondos in (i) a joint venture with Greystar Real Estate for the acquisition, development, construction and management of residential projects; (ii) the incorporation and structuring of a public fund for these purposes; (iii) the USD 35 million acquisition of a 12,000 sq. meters land for a residential project; and (iv) the negotiation and subscription of all agreements necessary for the development, construction and management of the residential project.
- Advised Kimco Realty Corporation with the divestiture of all its assets in Chile and winding up of its companies in the country.
- Advised ED&F Man in connection with simultaneous tender offers for the acquisition of Empresas Iansa S.A. and Sociedad de Inversiones Campos Chilenos S.A. (both Chilean listed companies).
- Advised Walgreens Boots Alliance in its acquisition of Farmacias Ahumada by means of a public tender offer with approximate value of USD 638 million.
- Advised Farmacias Ahumada S.A. in its reorganization, bonds prepayment and delisting process.
- Advised Cencosud on the issuance of an international series bond as part of a dual tranche offering valuing USD 1 billion, and on the issuance of a local line of bonds valuing USD 380 million. In addition, advised on the bond prepayment process and the inscription of a new line of bonds.
- Advised Grupo Security in its acquisition of the Grupo Cruz del Sur companies, which included an insurance company, a funds management entity, and a securities broker, among others.
- Chile (2013)
- University of Chicago Law School (LLM) (2018)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LLB) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.