Cristóbal Larrain is a partner in the Firm's Santiago office. He advises local and international clients in connection with corporate affairs and public and private M&A transactions, including tender offers, auction processes, joint ventures, private equity investments, and corporate restructuring.
Cristóbal focuses his practice mainly on corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity, banking and finance, and projects, advising Chilean and foreign clients from a variety of industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Mizuho and a syndicate of 18 international banks in a USD 110 million unsecured syndicated credit agreement rollover to BCI.
- Advised Banco Security in a USD 13.7 million VAT loan to Scania Suministradora de Flota Uno SpA to finance the VAT derived from the purchase of electric buses for the Santiago Public Transportation System.
- Advised Banco Security in a USD 13 million VAT loan to Administradora CK SpA, an SPV formed by Kaufmann and Copec, to finance the VAT derived from the purchase of electric buses and chargers for the Santiago Public Transportation System.
- Advised Unilever Chile on the sale of the ice cream business to Empresas Carozzi S.A.
- Advised Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA) in a two tranche credit agreement of up to USD 200 million, guaranteed by a multilateral agency, to Caja de Ahorros, a Panamanian autonomous public entity, for the provision of working capital loans to small and medium enterprises, corporates and domestic banks to assist in the Government of Panama's economic response to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advised Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., New York Branch on a USD 25 million senior secured loan agreement to Winnfield Investments LLC, part of the Uruguayan Otegui Group, to finance its capital contributions to UPM, a Uruguayan cellulose production company, and its affiliates.~
- Advised the consortium Grupo Vía Central, comprised of Sacyr, NGE, Saceem and Berkes, in the development, construction and finance (including senior and subordinated facilities) of a USD 1.1 billion railway project consisting in 273 km of rail lines in the corridor that will link the country’s capital Montevideo with Paso de los Toros, the largest PPP in Uruguayan history (IJ Global Infrastructure-Rail Deal Of the Year 2019; Latin Lawyer Project Finance-Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2019).
- Advised Orion Resources Partners (USA) LP and Audley Capital Advisors LLP, on the agreement to sell a 30% stake of Mantoverde copper mine to Mitsubishi Materials Corporation in a USD 283 million deal.
- Advised Jeronimo Martins in two subsequent loans for USD 93 million and USD 95 million with IFC for the expansion of its ARA supermarkets operations in Colombia.
- Advised Natixis and coordinated a global project to conduct a world-wide analysis, including 31 different jurisdictions, which purported to ensure compliance by Natixis with relevant financial regulations in markets where the bank markets and/or enters into transactions related to financial products.
- Chile (2013)
- University of Chicago Law School (LLM) (2018)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LLB) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.