Lindsay M. LaCava is a Partner of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in New York and is a member of the Firm’s Global Indirect Tax Steering Committee. Lindsay advises individual and business clients on a full range of state and local tax issues. She was ranked by Chambers in 2019 and 2020, was named a "Rising Star" in Tax Law in 2015 by Law360, has been recognized by International Tax Review in its "Women in Tax" Leaders Guide since 2016, and has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a New York-Metro "Rising Star" for Tax since 2013.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Lindsay was a partner in the state and local tax group of an international law firm. In addition, she previously worked at a Big Four accounting firm, where her practice focused exclusively on state and local tax. Lindsay speaks on a variety of state tax topics at events around the country and also frequently writes about state and local tax issues, including serving as the former Managing Editor (State and Local Tax) for the American Bar Association’s "The Tax Lawyer," co-authoring Bloomberg’s Connecticut Corporate Income Tax Navigator, and co-authoring Checkpoint Catalyst’s New York Corporate Franchise Tax guide. She also teaches State and Local Tax as an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Tax Section, State and Local Tax Executive Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association - Tax Section, Executive Committee (former Chair)
- New York Bar Association - Tax Section
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2015)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2007)
- New York~United States (2006)
- Connecticut~United States (2005)
- New York University School of Law (LLM Taxation) (2009)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude) (2005)
- University of Connecticut (B.S., magna cum laude) (2002)