Marie advises international companies on all aspects of corporate tax and assists taxpayers during tax audits and during both the administrative and the judicial stage of tax disputes.
Marie moreover developed experience in advising HNW private individuals and financial intermediaries in the field of wealth management. In this context, she also advices insurance companies on the tax treatment of insurance products and the use of such products in the context of estate and succession planning.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defending a major Belgian insurance company and its clients in different litigations regarding the tax deductibility of pension premiums and assisting multiple major insurance companies before the Constitutional court on the matter.
- Defended a private individual and his family regarding the taxation of the capital gains they realized on shares in a private equity structure.
- Involved in litigations concerning beneficial ownership and alleged tax abuse.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), Belgian branch - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2019)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Post-Graduate Tax Degree) (2019)
- Co-author, “The New Belgian Securities Account Tax," TEP, 2021
- Co-author, "Belgian tax measures improving the liquidity and solvency position of corporate taxpayers in the context of COVID-19: the loss carry-back regime and the reconstitution reserve," TBF, 2020
- Speaker, COVID-19: New Belgian tax measures and other (international) tax considerations, 2020