Ethan Kroll is a partner in the Los Angeles office and a member of the Firm's tax practice group. He is a co-author of a regular column on tax developments in TAXES – The Tax Magazine and speaks frequently on international tax issues. Previously, he was a principal at a Big Four accounting firm.
Ethan provides comprehensive, business-focused solutions to tax, legal, and other issues facing multinational enterprises in a wide range of sectors, including life sciences, consumer products, software, digital, and high technology companies. He advises on all aspects of US international income taxation, with an emphasis on multijurisdictional restructurings, expansions, and collaborations; supply chain management and enhancement; intellectual property alignment; loss optimization; and inbound and outbound investment.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California – Section on Taxation
- California~United States (2010)
- District of Columbia~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. Tax Court~United States
- Stanford Law School (JD) (2010)
- University of Chicago (PhD) (2010)
- University of Chicago (MA) (2003)
- Yale University (BA) (1999)
- San Francisco
- Palo Alto
- Co-author, "How Best to Regard? Reg. §1.861-20 and Disregarded Sales of Inventory Property," TAXES - The Tax Magazine, July 2022
- Co-author, "The Tax Court Misses the Forest for the Trees in TBL Licensing LLC," TAXES - The Tax Magazine, May 2022
- Co-author, "Code Sec. 7874 Is Harming Start-Ups, Squashing Deals, and Deterring Investment," TAXES - The Tax Magazine, March 2022
- Co-author, "Three Taxes, Two Pillars, One Credit?" TAXES - The Tax Magazine, January 2022
- Co-author, "Who's Afraid of Code Sec. 280E?" TAXES - The Tax Magazine, November 2021
- Co-author, "Complex Media Simplifies Substance Over Form," TAXES - The Tax Magazine, September 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.