Katarzyna Kopczewska is a commercial lawyer and certified tax advisor with over 15 years of experience in advisory for foreign investors. Due to her professional experience, Katarzyna combines her legal background with thorough tax knowledge. Her experience covers advisory in M&A and transactions, in particular international structuring of real estate acquisitions, financing schemes and restructuring of group business operations. She has led complex assignments involving various European jurisdictions, and has advised foreign institutional investors, private equity funds, Polish and foreign commercial developers and construction companies and PPP projects. Katarzyna advised in a number of real estate acquisitions/disposals in Poland dealing with transaction tax structuring and tax due diligence.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the largest Polish investment and developer companies in the acquisition of land in Warsaw, Poznań, Łódź and Kraków from the Tesco Group.
- Advised a leading Scandinavian office developer in two transactions concerning the sale of real estate properties in Poland. The first transaction regarded the sale of a portfolio of three office buildings located in Wroclaw and Krakow to real estate funds managed by Credit Suisse Asset Management Global Real Estate for EUR 214 million. In the second transaction she provided comprehensive tax assistance in the sale of Generation Park Z in Warsaw to Deka Immobilien.
- Advised one of the world's leading asset managers in the disposal of the Green Corner A office building in Warsaw to CPI Property Group.
- Advised a leading global private equity and infrastructure investment manager in two transactions concerning the acquisition of distribution centers in Poland. In the first transaction we advised on the acquisition of two Amazon distribution centers in Poland from Invesco Real Estate. The second transaction involved the acquisition of six distribution centers in Poland from Hines.
- Advised a Philippines-based, diversified developer with various interests in cold chain logistics, infrastructure and the energy and property sectors (including tax due diligence and tax structuring) in the acquisition of a complex of office buildings in Silesia.
- Advised a leading Scandinavian office developer on the reorganization of Polish business operations involving a Polish close-ended investment fund.
- Helped a leading German retail and wholesale chain to transfer its real estate portfolio to a Polish close-ended investment fund, investing directly in real estate. This project was unique because it is one of the few Polish funds operating under such a framework.
- Advised a privately owned residential developer and steel manufacturer on the reorganization of its Polish business operations involving a Polish close-ended investment fund.
- Advised a leading construction company in the tax structuring of a private public partnership project.
- Poland (2006)