Ms. Kopczewska’s experience covers tax advisory in M&A and transactions, in particular international structuring of real estate acquisitions, financing schemes, restructuring of group business operations and tax advice within holdings groups.
She has led complex assignments involving various European jurisdictions, and advised foreign institutional investors and private equity funds, commercial developers, construction companies and public-private partnership projects. Ms. Kopczewska also advised on tax structuring and tax due diligence for a number of real estate acquisitions and disposals in Poland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading Scandinavian office developer on the reorganization of Polish business operations involving Polish close-ended investment fund.
- Helped a leading German retail and wholesale chain to transfer its real estate portfolio to a Polish close-ended investment fund, investing directly in real estate. This project was unique because this is one of the few Polish funds operating under such a framework.
- Advised a privately owned residential developer and steel manufacturer on the reorganization of its Polish business operations involving a Polish close-ended investment fund.
- Advised Deutsche Asset Management (former RREEF) on all their real estate acquisition transactions in Poland, since 2009.
- Advised a leading construction company in tax structuring of private public partnership project.
- Poland (2006)