Serena is an associate in the Intellectual Property and Technology team in Baker McKenzie's London office. She joined Baker McKenzie as a Trainee Solicitor in March 2019 and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in March 2021. During her training, Serena was seconded to Google's Commercial Legal Team for six months.
Serena's practice covers a range of intellectual property and technology work, with a particular focus on intellectual property. She has experience in advisory and contentious IP matters, with particular interest in the TMT, CG&R and healthcare sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted on a number of contentious matters, including brand protection and anti-counterfeiting programs and IP litigation.
- Representing a patent proprietor in a claim for infringement of 5 patents relating to safety systems applied to telescopic handlers, against a major competitor.
- Advised number of new media, social and online platform clients in relation to content regulation, platform regulation, and associated digital media issues.
- Advised a range of consumer goods and retail clients on matters of brand enforcement including assisting with a global enforcement program.
- Advised on and drafted a variety of commercial contracts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2021)
- BPP Law School (LLM Commercial Legal Practice Course, Distinction) (2019)
- University of Liverpool (LLB Law with Spanish, First Class) (2017)
Firm Committee Memberships
BakerOpportunity Steering Committee Member
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.