Hiroshi Kasuya has over 15 years of experience helping clients with legal issues related to insolvency/corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. He also has extensive experience representing many clients in litigation and dispute resolution.
Hirsohi focuses his practice on insolvency/restructuring, debt collection, and mergers and acquisitions. He frequently advises on matters relating to cross-border and domestic corporate insolvency, reorganization, restructuring and debt collection. He also has extensive experience in advising on antitrust matters and representing clients in dispute resolution cases in various industries and fields.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a domestic listed sporting goods company on the acquisition of a listed golf goods company.
- Represented a major private equity fund on its takeover bid of a domestic listed apparel company.
- Represented a domestic life insurance company on its insolvency proceedings under the Japanese Corporate Reorganization Act.
- Represented a major Japanese financial company in connection with its insolvency proceedings under the Japanese Civil Rehabilitation Act.
- Represented the Japanese subsidiary of a US semiconductor manufacturer in connection with insolvency proceedings under the Japanese Corporate Reorganization Act in parallel with Chapter 11 proceedings filed by its parent company.
- Represented creditor companies with respect to large cross-border insolvency cases and out-of-court workouts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- INSOL International - Member
- Japanese Federation of Insolvency Professionals (JFIP) - Member
- New York~United States (2012)
- Japan (2000)
- St. John's University, School of Law (LLM Bankruptcy) (2012)
- University of California - Berkeley (Boalt Hall School of Law) (LLM) (2011)
- Waseda University (Master's Degree Finance) (2006)
- Waseda University (LLB) (1997)