Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on post-M&A arbitration of a listed German technology company.
- Advising on post-M&A arbitration of a listed German company.
- Advising on arbitration proceedings of a listed German engineering company related to a production plant.
- Discovering in a US court proceeding for a listed German steel company.
- Advising on litigation of a German listed automotive company.
- Advising on due diligence of an American start-up company.
- Advising on investor-state arbitration proceeding under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- Advising a listed company in multi-party arbitration proceedings in the hospitality sector.
- Advising a German automobile manufacturer in an arbitration proceeding against an Indian company in the field of electric vehicles.
- Advising an Indian IT company in a dispute regarding outsourcing and data centers.
The above list includes matters completed whilst Franz was in his previous employ.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristen-Vereinigung e.V.
- Deutsch-Indische Juristenvereinigung e.V.
- Deutsch-Singapurische Juristen-Vereinigung e.V.
- Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
- Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Alumni
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF)
- MPI Alumni
- Rising Arbitrators Initiative (RAI)
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSIAC)
- Young MCIA
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (2020)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Second State Examination) (2019)
- Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law (2017)
- Heidelberg University (First State Examination) (2012)
- University of Delhi (2009)
- Author, “German Supply Chain Act (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz) – New standard for human rights and environmental due diligence for global supply chains”, September 2021
- Author, “The Revised New 2021 ICC Arbitration Rules”, February 2021
- Author, Human rights and environmental due diligence legislation in Europe - Implications for global supply chains, May 2021
- Author, “Human Rights Due Diligence Legislation in Europe – Implications for Supply Chains to India and South Asia”, March 2021
- Author, “Coronavirus: The Second Wave and Force Majeure”, December 2020
- Author, “The COVID-19 Pandemic and Commercial Contracts”, December 2021
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.