Carinne's practice covers a broad spectrum of advisory and contentious work. In addition to experience in general commercial litigation, Carinne practices in a number of specialist areas, including IT disputes, oil and gas disputes and international arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for IT companies on both the supplier and customer side in relation to disputes relating to long-term services contracts, assisting in negotiating change requests, exit and other contractual disputes outside of formal dispute resolution processes.
- Acted for a state-owned oil company in Hong Kong-seated ICC arbitration proceedings in claims worth in excess of USD 100 million, succeeding on both jurisdiction and liability in respect of the operation of the sole risk provisions of a production sharing contract.
- Advised a client on liability in respect of a claim for in excess of GBP 40 million arising out of alleged professional negligence and breach of contract under an outsourcing and administration agreement.
- Acted for a logistics company in claims in fraud against former employees.
- Advised a client in the context of an internal investigation into allegations raised by a whistleblower regarding the adequacy of market reports.
- Advised a client in relation to a post-M&A dispute.
- Acted for a Thai company in a SIAC arbitration in a claim for over USD 60 million arising out of investment in plant oil plantations in Indonesia.
- Acted for a Middle Eastern client in defending a London-seated ad hoc arbitration, in relation to a claim relating to breaches of contract for the sale of scrap metals involving allegations of sham contracts.
- Acted for a major Russian bank in multiple proceedings brought by and against a group of Russian-based borrowers, involving claims in excess of USD 200 million. The proceedings also involved obtaining and policing a worldwide freezing injunction from the English court.
- Acted for four criminal barristers in a high-profile judicial review challenge to the Legal Services Board's decision to introduce the Quality Assurance Scheme for Criminal Advocates.
- Acted for a Japanese shipbuilding company in relation to an ongoing dispute with the ultimate purchaser of several of its vessels, advising on issues relating to construction disputes such as nomination of arbitrators, sea trials, delay and contractual and tortious liability.
- Advised on various questions of English law, including privilege, termination rights, contractual interpretation, arbitration and dispute resolution clauses and litigation and arbitration practice and procedure.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- SIAC Young International Arbitration Group
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- University of Warwick (LL.B.) (2009)
- University of Warwick (Bachelor of Arts (Hons) History and Politics) (2007)