Andi Kadir is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He has extensively represented multinational corporations and local companies in domestic and international arbitration, complex litigation proceedings, court-sanctioned debt restructuring processes (PKPU), and bankruptcy/insolvency litigation. He has represented both lenders and companies in PKPU and bankruptcy/insolvency matters. He is also experienced in administrative law disputes with government departments and agencies, employment litigation and anti-bribery/corruption compliance issues (including investigations).
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an Asia-based conglomerate in various disputes concerning hostile takeover of a joint venture company in Indonesia. The dispute involved arbitration proceedings (SIAC), multiple court cases and criminal proceedings in Indonesia.
- Represented a manufacturer of luxury perfumes and cosmetics in various disputes concerning termination of an exclusive distribution agreement. The dispute involved a lot of onshore and offshore litigation (Indonesia and Singapore) and arbitration proceedings (SIAC).
- Represented a major Japanese financial institution in four parallel tort court proceedings concerning nullification of facility agreements in Indonesian courts. The cases were multi-party litigation cases involving more than 50 parties (both local and foreign parties).
- Represented telecommunication companies in multiple class action lawsuits concerning telephone tariffs in Indonesian courts.
- Represented a leading Indonesian integrated energy company in arbitration proceedings with respect to the sale of “steam coal” (SIAC).
- Represented a large-scale Indonesian retail company in arbitration proceedings concerning change of control of the joint venture partner under a joint venture agreement (SIAC).
- Represented a consortium in arbitration proceedings with respect to shareholders disputes under a shareholders agreement of an LPG plant company (BANI).
- Acted for one of the world's largest chemical shipper corporations in its court-sanctioned debt restructuring process in Indonesia. The restructuring involves various court proceedings in Indonesia, Singapore and US.
- Acted for an Asia-based multi-strategy investment group to strategize debt recovery process, including strategies to be implemented to enforce securities (including personal and corporate guarantees) effectively and to recover monies lent under a facility agreement.
- Represented an Australian mining company in a judicial review against the Minister of Forestry Decree on Batang Gadis National Park.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) - Member
- ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris - Member
- YSIAC (Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)) - Committee Member
- SIAC Reserve Panel - Arbitrator
- Indonesia (2007)
- University of Groningen (LL.M. cum laude) (2011)
- Islamic Riau University (B.A. Law cum laude) (2001)