Kate Jefferson joined Baker McKenzie’s Sydney office in 2005 and worked in the Firm’s New York office in 2007 and 2008. Kate also undertook a four month secondment to at a global investment bank. Kate previously worked for Herbert Smith Freehills from 2001 to 2005 and as a management consultant to the London Stock Exchange from 2000 to 2001.
Kate’s practice includes advising on public company takeovers, schemes of arrangement, buy-backs and private company acquisitions and disposals, equity and debt capital raisings (both domestic and international) and ASX Listing Rule requirements (including corporate governance and compliance matters).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on takeovers and schemes of arrangements involving companies listed on ASX, including for ClearView Wealth Limited, CIC Australia Limited, Real Estate Capital Partners, iSOFT Group Limited, Souls Private Equity Limited, Henry Schien, Corporate Express Australia Limited, Ruralco Holdings Limited, Lend Lease Corporation Limited, Espreon Limited, Green’s Food Limited, Luxottica Group and Casino Austria International Limited.
- Advised on listings and initial public offerings, rights issues and accelerated rights issues for companies listed on ASX, London Stock Exchange and AIM, including for Invigor Group Limited, Sydney Roads Group, MMC Contrarian Limited, Espreon Limited, Promina Group Limited, Centamin Egypt Limited, Map Airports Limited, International Ferro Metals Limited, Seven Network Limited, OM-IP 140 Plus Limited, Series 9 OM-IP 220 Limited and OM-IP MultiStrategy Limited.
- Advised on placements, share purchase plans and dividend reinvestment plans for Sims Metal Management Limited, Nanosonics Limited, Ludowici Limited, Mission New Energy Limited and various infrastructure funds established by a global investment bank.
- Advised on buy-backs for companies listed on the ASX, including for Transfield Services Limited, Woolworths Limited, Seven Network Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Corporate Express Australia Limited and Mayne Group Limited.
- Advised on share and asset acquisitions, including for Asahi Breweries, Brenntag AG, Interpublic Inc, Guinness Peat Group plc, Ramsay Health Care Limited, Espreon Limited, Seven Network Limited and Henry Schein Australia.
United States of America
- Advised on debt offerings for companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange, including for Dover Corporation, Bemax Resources Limited and Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA.
- Advised on private placements including for Terrapin Drilling Partners, Sabre Drilling Partners and Ranger Drilling Partners.
- Advised on share and asset acquisitions, including for TrueNorth Global Inc. and WorldSpace Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia - Fellow
- New South Wales~Australia (2000)
- Securities Institute of Australia (Graduate Diploma Applied Finance and Investment)
- University of Newcastle (LLB, BCom, Dip Legal Practice)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.)
- New York