Katia Huezo Ponce
Katia Huezo is an associate at Baker McKenzie's Tax practice group in the Guadalajara office. She has more than seven years of experience advising multinational companies on transfer pricing and valuation issues in Mexico and Latin America.
Katia has a Degree in Financial Administration from the Tecnológico de Monterrey and is currently in the process of qualifying to obtain a Master's Degree in Valuation, from the University of Guadalajara. In addition, she is a member of the Transfer Pricing Commission of the Guadalajara College of Accountants.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participation in the resolution of multi-year audits initiated to large taxpayers in connection with transfer pricing issues, through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation for Mexican tax purposes, for multinational groups belonging to the consumer and goods, health and aerospace industries.
- Preparation of files and writs for application and renewal of APAs for multinational companies and maquiladora entities in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Transfer Pricing Commission of the Guadalajara College of Public Accountants, 2016 - present
- President of the Local Board, Mexican Institute of Finance Executives (IMEF) University, ITESM Guadalajara, 2012 - 2013
- Lawgic Lessons (Cryptoassets Regulation) (2022)
- Universidad Anáhuac (Diploma - Luxury Sales) (2022)
- University of Guadalajara (Master in Financial Valuation) (2017)
- Universidad Anahuac and Universidad de Cantabria (International Expert Diploma in Transfer Pricing) (2015)
- Monterrey Technological Institute (ITESM) (Bachelor of Financial Administration) (2013)
- Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, Mexico City (Intangible Assets Valuation Course) (2013)
- ITESM (Diploma in Student Development) (2013)
Collaborator, "The growing prominence of marketing intangibles in TP regulations and disputes in Latin America," International Tax Review, May 2022
Author, "SAT Intensifies Transfer Pricing Revisions Through Invitation Letter," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, May 2016