Tina has extensive experience in advising clients on indirect tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reconstructions, company floats, business acquisitions, inbound and outbound investment and infrastructure transactions to private and public sector clients with a global presence. As an established indirect tax specialist and a trained lawyer in Australia together with her GST / VAT implementation experience in Malaysia, China, United Arab of Emirates (“UAE”), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (“KSA”), Kingdom of Bahrain (“Bahrain”) and Sultanate of Oman (“Oman”), she is leveraging these experiences to provide advisory support and assist clients in the VAT implementation projects in the remaining Gulf Cooperation Council countries (“GCC”).
Through Tina’s experience in providing tax advice in a commercial context, she has gained a comprehensive working knowledge of some of the most unique and complex business and transaction structuring and developed skills in providing practical advice to clients. Tina's global experiences and extensive industry knowledge enable her to help clients design, implement and defend tax strategies for their operations and transactions in the dynamic indirect tax landscape.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Tina:
- Advised on significant acquisitions, including both asset and share sales through various range of financial structures.
- Obtained favorable clarifications / rulings from the tax authorities requiring complicated VAT analysis in unique facts scenarios.
- Led numerous VAT implementation projects in Malaysia, China, UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Oman and provided practical guidance and technical legal advice to internal and external stakeholders through a period of uncertainty about the way VAT applies to their business and continue to provide targeted and practical guidance for them in managing their potential VAT exposures.
- Represented numerous clients in audits and risks reviews with the tax authorities.
- Represented a number of industry associations by drafting and presenting tax white papers to key stakeholders including the Central Banks and the tax authorities in the GCC.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Queensland - Member
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand - Member
- Queensland~Australia (2011)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- University of Queensland (Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce - Dean’s Honour Roll) (2010)
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker at various tax conferences and seminars run by commercial and industry bodies over a range of issues including VAT and real estate transaction tax.