Bertha Ho is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group.
Her practice focuses on trade mark portfolio management, commercialization (including securitization, assignment, licensing, etc.) of intellectual property rights and advising on data privacy and regulatory matters. Many of her clients are in the luxury and fashion or consumer products industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisting clients with their regional trade mark portfolio management, including advising on clearance searches and registrability of trade marks.
- Assisting various clients on trade mark prosecutions, oppositions and other trade mark-related matters in the PRC.
- Assisting various clients with drafting and recordal of assignments, licenses and other IP-related agreements.
- Reviewing marketing and promotional materials and product formulas for various clients to ensure compliance with local law.
- Reviewing internal guidelines and handbooks and agreements to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations and applicable industry standards.
- Reviewing documents and conducting IP searches for due diligences and preparing relevant documentations for transactions involving IP rights.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Hong Kong (2012)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Science)
- University of Toronto (Master of Science in Rehabilitation)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (J.D.)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
- Co-author, “Luxury brands marketing online in China”, Intellectual Property Magazine, August 2015
- Co-author, "The top 10 enforcement trends against luxury fakes in China”, World Trademark Review, October 2013
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.