Dušan regularly advises on transactions involving private and public companies, particularly focusing on TMT and energy sectors. He also has considerable experience advising on technology and outsourcing projects. Dušan is also experienced in the management of trademark portfolios, copyright, product piracy and customs seizures, as well as unfair competition. Furthermore, he deals with privacy issues as well as matters relating to telecommunication, cyber security, digital media, gaming, e-commerce and automotive. Additionally, he provides complex legal advice to private equity funds and venture capital clients with respect to various matters of their investments as well as matters relating to joint ventures and shareholder agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Astute, Inc., a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity, on the acquisition of Socialbakers a.s., a Czech based technology company focused on the AI-powered social media marketing.
- Advised Worldline SA/NV on its acquisition of 100% stake in GOPAY s.r.o., the leading online payment services provider in CEE.
- Advised Embracer (THQ Nordic), a major Swedish gaming company, on its acquisition of Prague based Warhorse Studios, a leading independent game developer.
- Advised Tiger Infrastructure Partners LP, a private equity infrastructure investor, in relation to their acquisition of International Aerospace Coatings Czech Republic a.s., a leading aviation services provider.
- Advised Apollo Global Management on its EUR 500 million investment into Allwyn Entertainment (Sazka Entertainment), the owner of the leading lottery group active in Austria, Czech Republic, Greece and Cyprus, and Italy.
- Advised Collibra Inc. on the acquisition of Data Unity, s.r.o. (SQLdep), a data intelligence company, by Collibra NV.
- Advised Disney and Netflix on various aspects of launch of video on demand services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Advised several car manufactures regarding provision of connected car services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Advised various Czech and Slovak financing institutions regarding outsourcing of bank activities, including privacy issues.
- Advised a leading payroll service provider regarding insourcing of its activities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Czech Bar Association
- Czech Republic (Attorney-at-Law) (2018)
- Czech Republic (Trainee Lawyer) (2015)
- Masaryk University Faculty of Law (Master's Degree in Law, summa cum laude) (2015)
- Keele University School of Law (Study Abroad Programme) (2014)
- University of Saskatchewan College of Law (Study Abroad Programme) (2013)