Jo Hewitt is a partner in the Corporate Department in Baker McKenzie's London office. Jo has a particular focus on advising multinational groups on the structuring, implementation and management of complex corporate reorganisation projects including post-acquisition integrations, holding company restructurings and group rationalisations. She is part of a dedicated team in London focused on international reorganisations and business transformation projects.
Jo's practice also encompasses company law and corporate governance advisory work for private companies, including assisting clients to embed good corporate governance policies and practices across their organisations. Jo was named "Best in Corporate Governance" at the Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a leading US-headquartered energy company on a series of Europe-wide group restructurings and a new global corporate governance program.
- Acting for two multinational financial institutions on the restructuring of their regulated European business operations in anticipation of Brexit.
- Acting for a global networks business on a post-acquisition integration, holding company restructuring and group rationalisation project, covering over 100 jurisdictions.
- Acting for a leading manufacturer of flavours, fragrances and cosmetic ingredients on a series of global post-acquisition integration projects.
- Advising a number of subsidiaries of listed companies in the UK, US and France on approaches to the new corporate governance reporting requirements in the UK and how to embed good corporate governance practices in their organisations.
- Advising a leading energy company on a large scale entity rationalisation and cash repatriation project.
- Acting for a multinational technology group on the post-acquisition integration of a systems business across Asia, North America and the UK.
- Best in Corporate Governance, Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law Awards, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2002)
- BPP Law School (Post Graduate Diploma Law) (2001)
- Oxford University (Hertford College) (B.A. English and Modern Languages, Honors) (1998)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Sustainable Capitalism and ESG (Online Course))
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.