Jo Hewitt is a partner in the Corporate Department of Baker McKenzie London, and advises clients on a wide range of corporate law matters.
Jo's focus is advising multinational groups on the structuring, implementation and management of complex corporate reorganisation projects including post-acquisition integrations, supply chain restructurings and business carve outs. She is part of a dedicated team in London focused on international reorganisations and business transformation projects. Jo's practice also encompasses general company law advisory work for private companies.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining Baker McKenzie in January 2016, Jo has worked on the following matters:
- Acting for a global networks business on a post-acquisition integration and holding company restructuring project covering over 100 jurisdictions.
- Acting for a multi-national technology group on the post-acquisition integration of a systems business across Asia, North America and the UK.
- Advising a leading organisation in the energy sector on a large scale entity rationalisation project.
- Advising a leading nuclear technology provider on a Europe-wide business restructuring and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Jo worked on the following matters:
- Advised a multinational technology group on the post-acquisition integration of a number of discrete businesses across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, together with a restructuring of the group's European supply chain.
- Acted for a leading UK retailer on the carve out disposal of a number of its technology businesses.
- Acted for a major European bank on the carve out disposal of its trust services business across 17 jurisdictions.
- Acted for a leading insurance provider on the overhaul of its delegated authorities framework for executives throughout Europe.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- B.P.P. Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2002)
- B.P.P. Law School (Post Graduate Diploma Law) (2001)
- Oxford University (Hertford College) (B.A. English and Modern Languages Honors) (1998)