Matthew Hayes is a partner in the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. He has over eight years of experience advising multinational clients on tax issues related to corporate structures and cross-border transactions. He also provides tax structuring advice to partnerships, limited liability companies, and other pass-through entities. Mr. Hayes is an active participant in the Firm’s pro bono efforts.
Mr. Hayes works with multinational companies across a broad spectrum of industries in developing tax planning strategies for a variety of cross-border tax issues, including mergers and acquisitions, acquisition financing, post-acquisition restructuring, global cash utilization and repatriation, among others. He also provides advice on tax matters related to joint ventures, fund investments, and real estate transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Loyola University School of Law (LL.M. Tax) (2008)
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- Boston College (B.S. Finance cum laude) (2001)