Matthew Hayes is an associate in the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. He has over eight years of experience advising multinational clients on tax issues related to corporate structures and cross-border transactions. He also provides tax structuring advice to partnerships, limited liability companies, and other pass-through entities. Mr. Hayes is an active participant in the Firm’s pro bono efforts.
Mr. Hayes works with multinational companies across a broad spectrum of industries in developing tax planning strategies for a variety of cross-border tax issues, including mergers and acquisitions, acquisition financing, post-acquisition restructuring, global cash utilization and repatriation, among others. He also provides advice on tax matters related to joint ventures, fund investments, and real estate transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Loyola University School of Law (LL.M. Tax) (2008)
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- Boston College (B.S. Finance cum laude) (2001)