Matthew Hayes is an associate in the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. He has over four years of experience advising multinational corporations on tax issues related to cross-border transactions. He also advises clients on navigating domestic and international tax disputes. Mr. Hayes is an active participant in the Firm’s pro bono efforts.
Mr. Hayes works with multinational companies across a broad spectrum of industries in developing tax planning strategies for a variety of cross-border tax issues, including acquisition financing, post-acquisition restructuring, global cash utilization and repatriation, among others. He also assists clients with audit and tax controversy matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Loyola University School of Law (LL.M. Tax) (2008)
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- Boston College (B.S. Finance cum laude) (2001)