Lawrence Haas has more than 20 years of experience advising multinational companies, banks and other financial institutions on a broad range of financial issues. He was named one of the Leading Lawyer in Illinois for three consecutive years — 2006, 2007 and 2008 — for banking and financial institution law, and is listed as a leading finance lawyer for 2009 by Legal 500 United States.
Mr. Haas represents multinational companies, banks, funds and other financial institutions in structuring and negotiating general lending and syndicated loan transactions, with an emphasis on asset-backed transactions. He also represents clients on acquisition financings and public finance transactions and provides sound counsel to banks and other financial institutions on industry regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US bank as administrative agent, security agent and lender in the syndication of a $220 million asset-based revolving credit facility for a major steel processing company
- Represented a European venture capital fund in connection with $1.25 billion senior and mezzanine financing to acquire an international medical technology company
- Represented an international consulting services firm with respect to a $200 million multicurrency asset-backed revolving credit and term loan facility to acquire various entities
- Represented a US hedge fund in connection with a $45 million second lien term loan facility for a commercial printing company
- Represented a car care products manufacturer with respect to a $50 million syndicated, asset-backed revolving credit and term loan facility
- Represented a US insurance company in connection with the taking of ship/vessel collateral and inter-creditor arrangements related to a bonding program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (1986)
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.) (1986)
- Duke University (A.B. summa cum laude) (1983)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (1982)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.