Erik Gutierrez-Zuniga joined Baker McKenzie in 2001 as an associate. In 2007, he was appointed partner of the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in the Firm's Mexico City office. He is active in the Firm's Global Reorganizations Practice Group and Latin America Private Equity Sub-Committee. Mr. Gutierrez-Zuniga is also a member of the Mexican Private Equity Association and legal committee of the Latin American Venture Capital Association.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented and advised important companies in the information technology sector and other industries in due diligence and acquisition processes.
- Leading advisor for companies in different industries, integrations, corporate reorganizations, mergers, divestitures and redomiciliations.
- Involved in several transactions related to the pharmaceutical, medical devices and chemical industry.
- Supported multinational companies in their start-up in Mexico, including the negotiation of government incentives.
- Participated in important contractual negotiations and implementation of projects.
- Participated in several bidding processes and represented clients in the oil and gas sector, including maritime compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Private Equity Association - Member
- Latin American Venture Capital Association - Legal Committee
- Mexico (2000)
- University Anáhuac del Sur (Law Degree) (1998)