John Gustafson is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Private Equity Practice Group. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was a senior associate in another international law firm.
John advises private equity funds on buy-out acquisitions, exits and management incentive programs, and corporates on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. He also advises founders on divestments and investments by financial sponsors.
Representative Legal Matters
Representative transactions include advising:
- FSN Capital on a number of acquisitions, including Fellowmind, Nordlo, Holmbergs Safety System and Bygghemma
- Nalka Invest on its acquisitions of Uniwater and Office Management, as well as the divestments of Hööks Hästsport and Synsam
- Trill Impact on its acquisition of Nordomatic
- Dun & Bradstreet on its USD 807 million acquisition of Bisnode from Ratos and Bonnier
- A.P. - Moller Maersk on its acquisition of KGH Customs Services from Bridgepoint
- Altor Equity Partners on its sale of Åkers Specialty Rolls
- Nordic Capital on its divestment of Menigo Foodservice
- The respective founders on the divestments of Brödernas, Bastard Burgers, Cura of Sweden, and Parfym.se
- Evergrande Health on its acquisition of a 51% stake in the electric vehicle manufacturer NEVS
- ABB, the global leader in power and automation technologies, on the acquisition of Svensk Industriautomation, a leading provider of robot automation cells for machine tending.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- University of Uppsala (LLM Juris kandidat) (2011)
- University of Uppsala (Studies in Business and Economics) (2011)
- Université des Sciences Sociales Toulouse I, France (Studies in French and International Law) (2010)
- Fudan University (Studies in Economics and Politics) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.