John Gustafson is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Stockholm. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was a senior associate in another international law firm.
John focuses his practice on advising private equity houses, their portfolio companies and international corporates on M&A transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
His experience prior to joining the Firm includes advising:
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of Holmbergs Safety System.
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of Bygghemma.
- Naspers in connection with its USD 1.2 billion investment in Avito AB.
- HgCapital's portfolio company Vasa Värme on the acquisition of Elektra Värme.
- Luxoft on its acquisition of Pelagicore.
- Nalka Invest on its acquisition of Office Management.
- ABB, the global leader in power and automation technologies, on the acquisition of Svensk Industriautomation.
- Blackstone's portfolio company InterTrust Group on its acquisition of CorpNordic.
- HgCapital's portfolio company e-conomic on its acquisition of a majority stake in SpeedLedger.
- Castik Capital on the GBP120 million acquisition of Waterlogic Plc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- University of Uppsala (LLM Juris kandidat) (2011)
- University of Uppsala (Studies in Business and Economics) (2011)
- Université des Sciences Sociales Toulouse I, France (Studies in French and International Law) (2010)
- Fudan University (Studies in Economics and Politics) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.