John Gustafson is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Stockholm. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was a senior associate in another international law firm.
John focuses his practice on advising private equity houses, their portfolio companies and international corporates on M&A transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Firm, John has advised the following clients:
- Evergrande Health on its acquisition of a 51% stake in the electric vehicle manufacturer NEVS.
- Nalka Invest on its divestment of Hööks Hästsport.
- Blomsterboda, a portfolio company of the private equity firm Accent Equity, on its acquisition of S-Blommor Syd from Stena Adactum.
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of Nordlo (the group of IT companies formerly known as Office IT-Partner, Zetup and Dicom, in total 20 independently owned companies).
His experience prior to joining the Firm includes advising:
- FSN Capital on its acquisitions of Holmbergs Safety System, Bygghemma and Active Brands.
- Altor Equity Partners on its sale of Åkers, the world-leading roll supplier.
- Nordic Capital on the sale of its 33% stake in Menigo Foodservice.
- Naspers in connection with its USD 1.2 billion investment in Avito AB, one of the world's leading internet classifieds companies.
- Nalka Invest on its acquisition of Office Management, the Nordic leading provider of office solutions.
- ABB, the global leader in power and automation technologies, on the acquisition of Svensk Industriautomation, a leading provider of robot automation cells for machine tending.
- Castik Capital on its acquisitions of Waterlogic Plc and Angel Springs.
- HgCapital as lead investor in the USD 5.3 billion buyout of Visma, a leading provider of business software in the Nordic region.
- Nordic Capital V Ltd. on its divestment of the Point International Group to VeriFone, Inc. Point International is Northern Europe's largest provider of payment and gateway services and solutions for retailers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- University of Uppsala (LLM Juris kandidat) (2011)
- University of Uppsala (Studies in Business and Economics) (2011)
- Université des Sciences Sociales Toulouse I, France (Studies in French and International Law) (2010)
- Fudan University (Studies in Economics and Politics) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.