Jingjin Guo is a member of the Corporate/M&A and Banking & Finance departments of Baker McKenzie's Geneva office. Mr. Guo is also actively involved in the Firm's EMEA-China initiative. He is a representative of the Legal Chapter of the Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Geneva. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2008, Mr. Guo worked as a summer trainee at Lenz & Staehelin's banking and finance department and as an interpreter for the Swiss Supreme Court magistrate, Bernard Corboz, in connection with the Swiss-Jiangsu magistrate training program.
Mr. Guo focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate matters, Swiss Stock Exchange issues and setting up of new corporations, with a particular focus on greater China clientele investments in Switzerland relating, among others, to incorporation, financing, acquisitions, immigration, commercial and contractual transactions, as well as Swiss corporations entering China.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a Taiwanese listed company in their cross-border acquisition in Switzerland.
- Advised a Chinese company active in the field of high-speed railways in their incorporation in Switzerland, including obtaining Swiss work permits for their Chinese employees.
- Represented a Hong Kong listed oil company in their establishment in Geneva and employment issues.
- Assisted a Chinese bank in their Swiss banking regulation issues.
- Assisted Swiss-based companies in their IP registrations in China and vice-versa.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Geneva Bar Association - Member
- Young Lawyers Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Geneva - Legal Chapter Representative
- Geneva~Switzerland (2010)