Jill Guinn practices mainly in the area of global equity services and has five years of experience assisting clients in matters related to their equity compensation plans. Ms. Guinn is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Bar Association, the Global Equity Organization and the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
Ms. Guinn advises multinational companies on legal issues related to the implementation and maintenance of their equity compensation plans in the US and abroad. She also helps clients address concerns involving securities law, tax, data privacy, exchange control and labor law compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the international tax and compliance issues in connection with multiple option exchanges in over 40 countries and assisted in making related tax and securities filings.
- Advised on legal issues related to implementation of a transferable stock option program in over 50 countries.
- Provided analysis and advice on solutions to taxation of equity awards held by US and non-US employees in cross-border employment situations.
- Assisted with legal compliance requirements for a broad-based offering of stock options and restricted stock units to employees in 62 countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- San Francisco Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- California~United States (2004)
- British Columbia~Canada (2002)
- University of British Columbia (LL.B.) (2001)
- University of British Columbia (B.A.) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.