Dr. Sammy Guidoum is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Practice Group in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2017 as a trainee lawyer and re-joined as an associate in 2022. Prior to his return, Dr. Sammy Guidoum worked as an intern at one of the district courts of the Canton of Zurich and as a research assistant at the University of St. Gallen in the fields of corporate and accounting law. Dr. Sammy Guidoum graduated from the University of St. Gallen law school in 2018 (M.A. HSG in Law and Economics) and obtained a doctoral degree (Dr. iur. HSG) from the University of St. Gallen in 2023.
Sammy advises domestic and international clients in the areas of banking and finance, restructuring and insolvency, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions as well as general corporate and accounting law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised private equity firm Argos Wityu in connection with the financing aspects of the acquisition of the majority stake in Norline AG, a leading provider of outsourcing services in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and plumbing sector in Switzerland.
- Advised Zurich-based SaaS (software-as-a-service) startup Avrios International AG and its shareholders on financing aspects of the sale of all equity interests in Avrios to US investor Battery Ventures.
- Advised Zürcher Kantonalbank and Credit Suisse in connection with the issuance of asset-backed notes by First Swiss Mobility 2022-1 AG.
- Advised an investment fund managed by Highbridge Capital Management in connection with an USD 104.5 million senior secured credit agreement providing for delayed drawdowns subject to certain conditions.
- Advised owners of ARGO-HYTOS Group in connection with the financing aspects of the sale of 79.5% of their shares to Voith Group.
- Advised a major Swiss bank on SERV covered export financing for a Greek borrower.
- Advised Feintool International Holding AG in connection with a CHF 100,000,000 revolving credit facility agreement with Zürcher Kantonalbank as mandated lead arranger & bookrunner, coordinator and agent, as well as a syndicate of Swiss and international banks as lenders.
- Switzerland (2021)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur HSG / PhD - summa cum laude) (2023)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG in Law and Economics) (2018)
- Aalto University (Student Exchange Program) (2016)
- University of Lausanne (Student Exchange Program) (2016)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG in Law and Economics) (2016)
- Co-author, "Lending to a Company Incorporated in Switzerland: Signing and Closing a Corporate Loan Transaction," Practice Note, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, February 2023
- Co-author, "Implications of the new Swiss corporate law for lending transactions," Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (JIBFL), 1/2023, 66–68
- Author, "Rechtsnatur der Prozentschranken beim Erwerb eigener Aktien und Stammanteile", in: GesKR 4/2022, 508 et seqq.
- Co-author, Commentary on art. 93, 94 and 96 of the Swiss Financial Services Act (FIDLEG), Schulthess Kommentar, 2021
- Co-author, Commentary on art. 72, 73 and 75 of the Swiss Financial Institutions Act (FINIG), Schulthess Kommentar, 2021
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.