Juan Carlos (Juan) Guerra-Gascon
Juan Carlos Guerra joined the Firm in 2007, and mainly developed his practice in real estate, infrastructure and project finance transactions, including various developments of an industrial, tourist and residential nature, as well as public works tenders, trusts, construction and mining consulting. Likewise, he offers advice on matters of foreign investment, financial and credit operations, constitution and structuring of insurance companies, as well as consulting clients on the fulfillment of obligations for Mexican companies. Juan Carlos has also worked and supported various foreign technology companies (soft-tech and fintech) in establishing their operations in Mexico.
Juan Carlos is an expert translator from English to Spanish and vice versa, authorized by the Supreme Court for the State of Jalisco.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Rasa Land Investors on the acquisition of 1,200 hectares pertaining to private owners and agrarian regime members, for the development of a tourism-residential complex in Jalisco, México.
- Advised Sandvik Group, a multinational mining equipment company on the implementation of the legal structure and documentation for the sale, financing and securing of mining machinery and equipment.
- Represented foreign governments in the acquisition, construction phase and regulatory compliance for the setting up of diplomatic missions in diverse cities in Mexico.
- Assisted a global technology and specialty materials company in the coordination, logistics, negotiation and implementation of the legal structure for the construction of a natural gas pipeline.
- Advice to Molex de México and Haitian International, in the negotiation, audit and financing process, for the acquisition of diverse properties in the State of Jalisco for the establishment of manufacturing facilities, including coordination and negotiation of economic incentives by the Government of the State of Jalisco.
- Provided legal assistance in diverse legal areas to StartupGdl, AC, a local nonprofit organization committed to making Guadalajara a global leader in high-tech innovation
- Law school professor, ITESM (Tec de Monterrey), Campus Guadalajara (2015 to 2018)
- Mentor, Legal Framework Training for Startups of Angel Ventures Occidente (2017 to 2019)
- Mexico (2011)
- School of Digital Law School of the Mexican Academy of Informatics Law (Specialization Course in Law, Business and Technology) (2020)
- Vanderbilt University (LL.M.) (2014)
- Universidad Panamericana (Graduate Program in Legal Contracting and Obligations) (2012)
- Universidad Panamericana (J.D.) (2010)
- Superior Court of Justice (Translator: English to Spanish and vice versa)
- Mexico City
- Author, “The Importance of Condominium Ownership,” Inmobiliare Magazine Mexico, Year 11 – Number 66.
- Author, "¿Más infraestructura sin cargas excesivas al erario?" www.forbes.com.mx/mas-infraestructura-sin-cargas-excesivas-al-erario, December 2015.
- Author, "Desarrollo de Infraestructura a través de Asociaciones Público Privadas," Players of Life Magazine, April 2016.
- Main speaker, "Las Asociaciones Público-Privadas" (Public-Private Associations), 1st Business Forum of the Construction Industry Chamber, November 2015.