Zelander is a mid-level associate in the Employment Department of Baker McKenzie in London.
Zelander joined the Firm as a trainee in September 2014. She has recently been on a four-month secondment with Facebook as part of their EMEA employment legal team.
Zelander advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters across a wide variety of sectors, including technology, financial services, pharmaceutical and retail.
Zelander regularly advises on a broad range of employment queries ranging from general day-to-day advice such as redundancies, sickness absence and performance management through to strategic advice on employment disputes.
Zelander also advises on data protection matters relating to employees ranging from strategic advice on data subject access request responses to privacy issues arising in the context of large investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Employment Group, Zelander has worked on a variety of matters including:
- Advising on day-to-day employment law issues across EMEA as part of a global employment law retainer.
- Coordinating advice and advising on the employment aspects of a global joint venture for a multinational corporation in more than 60 jurisdictions.
- Advising on a multimillion-pound whistleblowing case involving 2 claimants and 10 respondents in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Advising on the strategic elements of data subject access responses and coordinating the review of documents as part of this process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
Zelander is one of the pro-bono coordinators for the employment law team at Baker McKenzie. Zelander regularly provides pro-bono advice on employment matters to charities such as Save the Children.
Zelander is also the associate forum representative and the diversity inclusion champion for the employment team at Baker McKenzie.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2014)
- University of Cambridge (Law Degree) (2012)