Felipe Graham is a Partner in Baker McKenzie Buenos Aires office. He is a member of the Labor, Employment & Compensation team. Felipe routinely advises on the full scope of Labor and Employment issues, including employee compensation and benefits, employment litigation, collective and individual bargaining agreements, executive and mass terminations, shutdowns, local and international executive hiring, discipline procedures, wage and hours issues, Workers' Compensation matters, employment and social security issues in M&A due diligence procedures and deals and compliance investigations.
Felipe is a member of the Firm's Regional Steering Committee for the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assumed the global coordination of the organizational restructuring of an American worldwide consumer products company which entailed a 2,500 employee reduction across more than 70 jurisdictions. Advised on expatriate terminations, harmonization of multijurisdictional severances, employment termination and equalization of tax effects.
- Primary and lead contact for a global social network, advising on a daily basis on the full range of labor, employment and data privacy issues, including managing of high-profile terminations as well as complex internal policies, hiring, training, performance management , compensation policies and implementation of new CBA.
- Represented client in the O&G sector in the reduction in force of half of its personnel in an oil refinery in the Province of Buenos Aires. Subsequently renegotiated applicable company CBA.
- Advised multinational financial institution in its investment in a local financial startup, conducting due diligence process and drafting employment contracts for new top management.
- Advised an European airline company in its negotiations with the Union to harmonize the employee pay scales, in accordance with the CBA. Routinely advises said company on Union matters.
- Responsible for compliance investigation in a major US manufacturing company resulting in the termination for cause of 6 top executives. Coordination of the investigation throughout LATAM.
- Represented a Japanese multinational corporation in a high profile employment litigation by an external consultant who claimed to be the corporation's GM for Latin America.
- Represented and American global entertainment company in the separation of the President and Vice-President of its subsidiaries in Latin America, Italy and Spain and the shutdown of its operations in Argentina and Chile.
- Advised client in the insurance industry to devise and implement a post-acquisition benefits harmonization program and strategy, to integrate all 450 employees into a unique benefits and compensation structure.
- Represented an American multinational agricultural company in the termination of its Regional CEO and President of the Argentina, Uruguay and Chile subsidiaries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buenos Aires Bar Association – Member
- Argentine Labor and Social Security Association – Member
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (2012)
- King's College London, UK (LLM in Transnational Law) (2016)
- Argentine Catholic University (LLB) (2012)
- Author, "Global Employer," (a Baker & McKenzie sponsored publication)
- Co-Author, "International manual to employment law in Argentina," (leading online resource in the UK), XpertHR
- Co-Author, "Pensions Global Guide Q&As for Argentina", Thomson Reuters